Imperial Stout Recipe Help
I've never made a stout before (as I'm a die hard I/IPA fan...), but I'm working on a recipe while my IIPA conditions. So far I have: -10 lbs Pale Malt Extract - 3 lbs Honey (to primary) - 2 lbs Roasted Barley - 1 lbs Chocolate Malt - 1 lbs Crystal malt 60L - 8 oz Black Patent - 5 oz Galena Hops (60 mins) - 1 oz East Kent Goldings Hops (5 mins) - 3 tsp Gypsum (60 mins) - 1 tsp Yeast Nutrient (to primary) - 2 oz Oak Chips (in secondary) I was going to call it Drauger's Kiss (Drauger roughly being a viking zombie) So I thought the oaked antiquey flavor mixed with slight mead-like honey notes would be great. I want it to be a super roasty, warming ale. Please give me any tips, hints, criticisms, or recipe ideas you can. Ideas on possible flavor profiles it may have would be great too. Thanks
- Can I add water to my fermenter after the first day?
- Adding additional yeast before bottling
- West Sixth start up brewery being sued by Magic Hat parent company over logo
- .05 Blood Alcohol Limit for Driving?
- Heady Topper for Dark Lord & Other FFF
- The BEST Zombie films....
- Black eyed Peas - "I GOT A FEELIN!!"
- Sake Forum?
- South Jersey/Philly Group Buy Round 37! PREORDER/INFO/COMING SOON!
- Centennial Blonde (Simple 4% All Grain, 5 & 10 Gall)
- Do FermWraps Heat Well to 95?