Brewing a Sierra Nevada Celebration-type Ale clone. I think I'm using a different recipe from last year. This one requires 5# of DME which I do not have, but I might have upped the grain bill when I was at the store. I seemed like I have more than 5.5# of grain in the tun. I boiled almost 8 gallons of water in my brew pot for half an hour and dumped it in the tun for about the same amount of time. I poured the water back into the pot and the temp was 176 degrees. I put 14 quarts of water back in the tun and added my grain. The middle temperature is 158 right now. Had to add a quart of boiling water to get the temp back up near 11 minutes left in the boil. Iodine test says I have conversion. Doing the first Vorlauf right now. Only got 1.5 gallons for the first runnings. Doing the Vorlauf for the first sparge. Finished the second sparge and got 6 gallons in the brew pot. Gravity was 1.042 at 125 degrees which, I think, amounts to 1.049. Going to have to add some DME. Bottled Holiday Ale with 2 oz. of raspberry extract: FG 1.010. Racked Celebration Ale onto Holiday Ale yeast cake: OG 1.065
- EZ Cap or other simple bottling
- HBT Fantasy Football League #2
- Just bought My first two kegs! GROSS!
- First Attempt Tonight
- Decocting with Rice Hulls
- How many taps do you have or
- Aquarium temperature controller NEEDING HELP!!!
- Yeast alcohol production vs. reproduction
- HBT Fantasy Football League
- is there a way to calculate how much water I need to evaporate to reach my OG?