First All Grain Brew
Giving all-grain a try. Using the Mint Chocolate Stout recipe that I did not brew earlier. 8 lbs Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 65.31 % 1 lbs Barley, Flaked (1.7 SRM) Grain 8.16 % 1 lbs Roasted Barley (300.0 SRM) Grain 8.16 % 12.0 oz Cara-Pils/Dextrine (2.0 SRM) Grain 6.12 % 8.0 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt - 40L (40.0 SRM) Grain 4.08 % 8.0 oz Chocolate Malt (350.0 SRM) Grain 4.08 % Everything seemed to go fine except for the mash tun. It was leaking around the kettle valve because I could not find the appropriate washer. Also I'm not all that sure about the sparging process. I think I got 6 gal in the brew pot right now but I'm not sure. So far this is pretty fun, but you really need a total day off to do it. I added 1 oz of EK Goldings at the beginning of the boil. I'll add another oz when 10 min are left. Then I will pitch English Ale yeast after cool down. OG was 1.041 when it was supposed to be 1.060. There will be no mint addition. I will soak some oak cubes in whiskey and add that along with some coffee beans to secondary.
- Yellow Tettnanger Hop Leaves
- Craft Beer MAW
- Input needed for water profile
- Ever bottled with rye whiskey?
- The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread
- Five different melomels - *Picture*
- Aquarium temperature controller NEEDING HELP!!!
- Growler filling
- Wort Pump + CFC Combo Toolbox
- Bottling 3787 Ale ?
- Suggestions for older folks wine making kits...