Started new brew last week. NB Nut Brown with "additions". To the boil I added 1/4lb of molasses, 1/4 lb of honey and 1/4 lb of corn syrup at 10 mins to flame-out. Added 1/2 oz Willamette pellets at flame-out. I steeped the grains at 152 degrees for 15 mins then took the up to 170. I added 2 cups of instant oats to the steep. OG at 1.052 I re-hydrared the Nottingham Ale Yeast with 2 tbs of malt extract in 1 cup water. Lively stuff. Active fermentation in 8 hrs. Very aggressive and lasted about 36 hrs. I will leave it in primary for 14 days and move to secondary for 7 days before bottling. Will start to drink around Christmas.
- What are you drinking now?
- Common Room ESB
- Beginner...with soft water question
- The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread
- My Cigar City Brewery Tour
- Hello :)
- Is there a rough grain volume ratio?
- Please help Coopers kit
- Stone Enjoy By 07/04 & RuinTen
- Converting to multiple regulators: hardware ?
- Kegging soda - making sure it's sterile