What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received my Apera PH60 meter and extra cal solutions from Amazon. I had the meter in my wish list and it was >$100 for quite a while. Then it dropped to $79 and I pulled the trigger.

Saw your post and checked the price. Still $79 so I picked one up too. Happy with it?

Saw your post and checked the price. Still $79 so I picked one up too. Happy with it?

Very happy with it. It's very stable, when calibrating it's off only a few hundredths or so. No idea of the accuracy, as I don't have a good lab model to compare.

I'm told the probes will last 1-1/2 to 2 years. Amazon has replacements for around $30.

Very happy with it. It's very stable, when calibrating it's off only a few hundredths or so. No idea of the accuracy, as I don't have a good lab model to compare.

I'm told the probes will last 1-1/2 to 2 years. Amazon has replacements for around $30.

Sweet. I was waffling on a new Milwaukee but at this price this one seems hard to beat. Thanks!

IMG_4069.jpeg

Sweet. I was waffling on a new Milwaukee but at this price this one seems hard to beat. Thanks!
Get it!!!!

I've used the Apera for about 5 years and it is, hands down, the easiest, least fussy meter I've ever used. It's way faster and far easier to calibrate than my old Milwaukees. Whereas pH measurements were a chore with the Milwaukees, the Apera has made pH measurement as routine and easy as taking gravity readings with a refractor. It's a really good piece of kit.

I grabbed the Apera in large part because the probes were really reasonable. I replaced my first probe out of caution at the 2-year mark, but it still had a solid drift over two weeks. My second probe is coming up on the 3-year mark and still has a solid drift over two weeks. I am pretty scrupulous about maintaining the instrument, though.

Get it!!!!

I've used the Apera for about 5 years and it is, hands down, the easiest, least fussy meter I've ever used. It's way faster and far easier to calibrate than my old Milwaukees. Whereas pH measurements were a chore with the Milwaukees, the Apera has made pH measurement as routine and easy as taking gravity readings with a refractor. It's a really good piece of kit.

I grabbed the Apera in large part because the probes were really reasonable. I replaced my first probe out of caution at the 2-year mark, but it still had a solid drift over two weeks. My second probe is coming up on the 3-year mark and still has a solid drift over two weeks. I am pretty scrupulous about maintaining the instrument, though.

Thats great to hear. I had the MW102 but I stopped using it because the handheld module with the tethered probe was kind of cumbersome for me. Calibration was kind of a pain like you said. End up selling it. Was looking at their pocket meters, but waffled. Glad I saw the posts about this meter. Thanks for the info, reassures my impulse purchase. Hah

Amazon is saying mine delivered today so I'm pump.

According to my Amazon history I bought my Apera ph60 in October of 2018. I've replaced the sensor twice over the years and was pleased with the relatively low price ($28) compared to what I paid for a Hach Pocket Pro Plus sensor ($70!) and the Hannah 98128 sensor before that ($80!)...

Cheers!

Back